Re: DNS Additional Section Processing Globally Wrong

Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:

> Glue data, additional and non-authoritative by design, intent and
> specification, aren't what I want caches to keep.

You had better cache glue As, as long as they are tagged as glue
As with a domain name of query.

Then, the cached information may be used as glue in additional
section but not in answer section.

It is not a problem if a glue A in additional section is cached
and reused as a glue A in additional section to similar query.

> As a matter of fact, it never occurred to me to wonder at this
> misbehaviour

The misbehavior was present because most, if not all,
implementations cache both glue and authoritative answers but
did not distinguish them by appropriate tagging.

As I have been warning on the problem for these 15 years, some
implementation may hopefully be fixed.

							Masataka Ohta