Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

Jari Arkko a écrit :

> This revision includes the removal of the BCP document. I am hoping that
> also helps in other problems people had with this charter, as it becomes
> even clearer that the WG will not develop solutions, its really only
> about describing the problem and existing practices. Unrelated to your
> comments, I also added a statement about app & transport aspects.

Jari,
 I think by removing the BCP document, we are diminishing too much the
scope of the wg. IETF does not have a good track record for PS-only wg...

 what about an informational document (instead of BCP) that would
describe some possible ways to manage MIF without a new protocol?  This
would be an outcome after getting all the existing practices and have a
discussion what are the best ways to solve (maybe scope limited/specific
use cases) MIF issues without a new protocol. That work would be a good
segway to protocol work, since we would know what the best we can do
within what we have, and what needs to be done for new protocol work.

Marc.

=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca