Re: Extending the Dean Anderson PR-action to lists on tools.ietf.org

On Apr 17, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

My question is whether treating tools.ietf.org aliases as IETF lists
is reasonable policy.

And I would say that yes, they are IETF lists. For example, the tracker sends email through them. They are used by IETFers (well, by me at least) to get stuff to the right people without having to sort out who is the right AD/WG Chair/Author for a given email.

They sprang into being out of Henk's forehead, as opposed to being lifted out of the sea foam of IETF discussion. But they serve a useful IETF purpose and are built into many of the IETF tools.

If you are asking whether the policy SHOULD apply to them, that's another discussion. But as to whether they are IETF lists, if they are not, then to what do they belong?