Re: [lisp] LISP: update to charter in external review - LISP does not involve separate namespaces for EIDs and RLOCs

    Robin> Short version: I support Dimitri's suggested changes about
    Robin> the roles of Locators and Identifiers.

    Robin>                   The current draft still contains an
    Robin> erroneous inference that the one address could be used as
    Robin> both a locator (RLOC) and an identifier (EID).

For the information of the IETF and IESG, I made a consensus call on
the lisp list that there was rough consensus that there will be cases where the same IP stands both as an EID and a
RLOC.

Robin challenged this consensus call but has not found support on the
list for his challenge.

So, I believe the community disagrees with Robin's claim that the
discussion of LISP identifiers and locators is erroneous.

That said, I don't see that Dimitri's rewording of the second
paragraph actually touches on how LISP identifiers and locators relate
to each other.  As such, I don't think there has been community
discussion prior to his proposal that would either support or oppose
his proposal.

There is a desire to be done with the charter sooner rather than
later.