Re: Subscriptions to "ietf-honest"

Joe Abley wrote:

> On 23-Mar-2009, at 14:35, Melinda Shore wrote:
>
>> I was auto-subscribed to Dean's "ietf-honest" mailing
>> list, and I'm unhappy about it.
>
> As I think was mentioned a day or two ago on this list, the reasonable
> way I found to avoid these auto-subscriptions to ietf-honest was to
> block packets from the originating network. I had a very enjoyable few
> days following the installation of those packet filters.
>
> However, it now seems that (a) any address I've used in the past is now
> fair game, and not just the addresses I'm using today, and (b) it's not
> just the ietf list, but working group lists too, e.g. see below. I don't
> have the same ability to do server-side filtering or packet blocking on
> other mail accounts.

Seems he wants the core of the Internet to apply those filters...

I must say that I love the wording:

>> This list was created by IADL.ORG (www.iadl.org) because of dishonest
>> filtering by the IESG.  See http://www.av8.net/IETF-watch for more
>> information on the corrupt activities of officials of the Internet
>> Society, Inc (ISOC) IETF Activity, and their connection to other
>> corrupt activities.

Those are clear allegations of corruption. Isn't that what the IETF
calls an ad-hominum attack? Wasn't there something about that about
causing subscriptions to be able to be blocked etc?

>> You were probably added to this list because you participated in
>> DNSOP@xxxxxxxx discussion, and that list is used to determine
>> consensus for ISOC IETF Activity actions. Consensus is a democratic
>> activity of the ISOC, which is a U.S. non-profit, tax exempt
>> membership corporation. ALL members of the ISOC IETF have a property
>> right to participate in its democratic decision processes.   [see U.S.
>> v. Local 560, extortion (Hobbs Act) and racketeering by mafia that
>> took over a Union and tried to prevent participation by those opposing
>> the mafia]

Nice one, the IETF is compared to the Mafia.

>> [..] IETF representatives (e.g. Working Group Chairs) have a duty
>> to the  corporation to read email sent to them on IETF business, and
>> should not try to unsubscribe.

And here it goes: as a WG chair you are not able to unsubscribe, you are
not even allowed to try. Nice Mafia-alike practice.

I didn't know that the IETF was incorporated btw. All news to me ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen