Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

Richard M Stallman <rms at gnu dot org> wrote:
I have nothing against obtaining patents to be used only defensively. > If company A wants to do this, I presume it will start by give > everyone a royalty-free license to use the original standard.>> We can also imagine a troll trap condition of the form "provided you > don't participate in any other patent license covering the use of the > standard which is offered to the general public and requires payment > to any specified party."  I would not object to conditions of that > sort.  IANAL so I don't know whether such conditions are considered > lawful in any country.
This is completely different from the hundred or so "campaign" e-mails sent to this list which said that all software patents are evil and all software standards must be 100% patent-free.