Re: Abstract on Page 1?

At 14:02 07/03/2009, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

On 2009-03-04 16:33 Margaret Wasserman said the following:
> I would like to propose that we re-format Internet-Drafts such that
> the boilerplate (status and copyright) is moved to the back of the
> draft, and the abstract moves up to page 1.
>
> I don't believe that there are any legal implications to moving our
> IPR information to the back of the document, and it would be great not
> to have to page down at the beginning of every I-D to skip over it.
> If someone wants to check the licensing details, they could look at
> the end of the document.

+1

Whether or not this is an easy fix for the tools, I think it's the right
thing to do, not only for drafts but also for RFCs, as it lets us focus
on the technical matter of a document, rather than copyright, other
IPR details, and administrivia.

Hear hear,

IFF we need copyright on page 1 something like this should be sufficient:
"This document is covered by IETF Copyright policy <ID>, copy of this
policy can be found at the end of the document"

Or:
s/at the end of the document/at http://www.ietf.org/copyright_<ID>/

I have no comment on what form the <ID> part should take other than it
MUST be shorter than 30 characters.

        Olafur