Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

Tim Polk <tim.polk@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1.     Last Call demonstrates that the community does not support
> progression of this document on the standards track, but sufficient
> support exists for publication as an Experimental RFC.

How can that support be demonstrated?  I don't see how we can say
anything about support for experimental unless the community is asked to
answer that question.  That question has been asked in an earlier last
call:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/21152

Presumably, no support for publishing on experimental could be
demonstrated at that time.

Btw, the patent disclaimer #833 is still not available from the IETF web
site.  The community can no longer evaluate the complete patent license
history around the document.  I believe this violates BCP79:

      Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
      assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
      attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use
      of such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
      specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository
      at http://www.ietf.org/ipr.

By removing earlier disclaimers, I believe the IETF has moved into the
territory of making decision about the validity of patent related
claims.

/Simon