Re: Running Code

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

> I don't see the value of running code quite as others do.

I agree. It was valuable in good old days, when implmenting a protocol
was purely voluntary with no budget.

Existence of multiple independent implementations, then, meant the
protocol was widely accepted by the society.

However, after the overly introduction of standardization engineering
to IETF, people satisfy requirements merely because they are required.

So, existence of required running code does not mean much.

						Masataka Ohta