Re: Running Code

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Marc, and Henry,
>
> I think adding any new mandatory section to all I-Ds is a bad idea.
> It will quickly become bureaucratic. We've had proposals for mandatory
> Management Considerations, IPv6 Considerations, and no doubt others
> that I've forgotten, and they all have the same problem.

I agree that its sounds bad when presented like this.

The main motivation is to provide an incentive for early
implementations of a protocol, because I am convinced that this is a
very important factor on the quality of a protocol.  I had to
implement at least three times TURN from scratch during it's
development and this is an exhausting task.  This explain why a lot
of developers simply wait for the protocol to be stable (read: been
published as an RFC), and so deprive the protocol design of an
important feedback.  Giving to early implementers a guaranty that
their contributions will not be forgotten is a way to counterbalance
the time and effort spent in working on this contributions.

--
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Home: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx