Re: Last Call: draft-crocker-email-arch (Internet Mail Architecture) to Proposed Standard

Dave Cridland wrote:
On Mon Mar  2 15:49:09 2009, Dave CROCKER wrote:
For the content that overlaps in RFC5322 and RFC5321, which one is authoritative?

Whichever is cited by the document referencing the content, of course.

That sounds pretty unstable, since it produces context-dependent resolution.

Alternately, we could have a public food fight between Klensin, Resnick, and Crocker. If this does happen in SF, can someone ensure it gets filmed for posterity?

Pete usually has too much class to engage in these, publicly. John and I get into public food fights all the time, using food for thought. We're in the middle of one now, on these same lists, and I have to tell you, it's neither pretty nor interesting. Save your film.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking