Re: Internet Society joins Liberty Alliance Management Board: Why?

On 2 mar 2009, at 04.12, John C Klensin wrote:

I am not suggesting trying to undo this decision, but believe
that, as ISOC adds sufficient technically-qualified staff to
engage in activities like this on its own, we need to work,
collectively, on better ways to facilitate communication in a
timely basis in the future.  In particular, we need to work
fairly hard to avoid a situation in which the IETF and ISOC end
up with different positions on an issue with external visibility
and consequences.  To do so would damage the credibility of all
concerned.

This I completely agree with, we have to avoid such situations.

But we have to also to work hard on not to create a chicken out of a feather. Instead learn and do things even better next time.

Regarding Liberty Alliance, I think we should let Lucy coordinate some more information for the IETF that can be presented in due time. As she said, she will (as well as I) be in San Francisco and we are all happy to talk.

   Patrik