Re: [Fwd: Re: Changes needed to Last Call boilerplate]

Despite currently excessive number of comments, I think we should invite more comments and make it easier, not harder to send them. Even if traffic on the list is now too high and information content per message is low, in general our average number of comments in the IETF Last Call stage is too low.

I don't have a problem with the number of messages. Deleting is easy. But I wouldn't mind stricter enforcement of the Subject lines...

Note that this opinion is entirely separate from the value of the comments. Repetition and mail bombing is not valuable. Well justified opinions are very valuable. The latter may come from both inside and outside the IETF; sometimes experts on some topic can be persuaded to send in a comment, but not to subscribe to lists or engage in lengthy debate.

Jari