Re: Changes needed to Last Call boilerplate

Actually, there is a grain of a good idea here that I'd like to extract.

I wouldn't create two places to send comments and attempt to segregate
who can post to which group.  However, creating an
ietf-comment@xxxxxxxx email list and asking >all< last call comments
to be sent to that email list has possibilities.

On 2/12/09, Noel Chiappa <jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've heard from a number of the FSF thundering herd people to the effect of
>  'but the announcement says send email to ietf@xxxxxxxx". (They're
>  conveniently ignoring the fact that it says "the IETF community" all over the
>  place in the Last Call, but never mind.)
>
>  So clearly we need to change it to say something like:
>
>   Members of the IETF can send email to ietf@xxxxxxxxx Members of the public
>   to whom this Last Call is forwarded, you can send email to
>   ietf-comment@xxxxxxxx, but we cannot guarantee to do anything with comments
>   at such a late stage in the process. Please join the IETF if you wish to
>   influence standards while the are being worked on; see
>   http://www.ietf.org/<mumble> for instructions on how to do that.
>
>  (For "Members of the IETF" we can substitute "People who are subscribed to
>  the IETF Discussion list", if people think that is needed in place of the
>  technically somewhat nebulous "Members of the IETF".)
>
>  And hopefully we can get a few brave souls to volunteer to read ietf-comment,
>  and send on any comments which are novel and or important.
>
>     Noel

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Principal Engineer
Corporate Standardization (US)