RE: FWIW: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt to Proposed Standard

+1

If the bar for allowing technology to move forward in the IETF is that
it must not only be unencumbered itself, but _any_ use of it must also
be unencumbered, then we may as well all go home, after rescinding TCP,
IP, HTTP, and anything else we have done in the past - these are all
used to do some things that are themselves encumbered. Welcome to the
real world.

If the technology in the document to be standardized is unencumbered,
then the fact that _some_ uses of that technology may run into
encumbered territory is irrelevant, except to those who hate patents in
general.

Regards,
Chuck
Chuck Powers,