Re: how to contact the IETF

Alex,

This is not the first time the FSF has mailbombed ietg@xxxxxxxx, in
fact this is the second time they have done so on this issue alone.

IIRC, from the previous time, not one person stuck around afterwards
to actually initiate a dialog.  It was all a one-way blast of
"communication", a monologue if you will.  And a not very useful one;
it was either ignored or caused a reaction in the direction opposite
to the lobbied one.

On 2/9/09, Alex Loret de Mola <edgarverona@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Noel:
>
>  Noel, there's no need to be cross.  The mail is filling up my inbox
>  the same as yours, there's no need to get upset with me about my
>  opinion on the matter.
>
>  I don't think we should assume that the people messaging here have
>  nothing of substance to contribute.  While it is likely true that some
>  don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation, I doubt
>  that the entirety of the people who found out about the issue through
>  that channel are ignorant on the issues being discussed.
>
>  Are some uninformed?  Certainly.  Will those who stick around be
>  uninformed for long?  I would hope not.  Will they be able to
>  contribute meaningfully?  It depends on the individual.
>
>  But the big question... is it worthwhile for this mailing to take
>  place?  I feel that it has the potential to be, depending on how many
>  people stick around to contribute meaningfully on this and future
>  discussions.  While I hear your proposition that this isn't going to
>  happen, Noel, I don't think that should just be immediately assumed
>  merely based on the origins of where those coming in here first heard
>  about the issue.  That seems like a large net to cast.
>

>  Sincerely,
>
>  Alex Loret de Mola
>  Lead Software Engineer, iScan Services
>

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >    > From: Alex Loret de Mola <edgarverona@xxxxxxxxx>
>  >
>  >    > However, these are people who are upset, and want to make thier
>  >    > opinions known... it is good to know (and see) that so many people are
>  >    > interested and have a strong opinion about this subject.
>  >
>  > Give me an effing break. These people have simply been programmed by the FSF
>  > to show up and complain. This is not individuals who have something of
>  > substance to contribute, it's just a chorus of sheep.
>  >
>  >        Noel
>  >

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin