Re: [Trustees] ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

Marshall Eubanks <tme at multicasttech dot com> replied to Dean Willis:
Given that we've historically weeded out the contributor-list on a >> document to "four or less", even if there were really dozens of >> "contributors" at the alleged insistence of the RFC Editor, I don't >> see how any older document or even a majority of new >> documents-in-progress could be adapted to the new rules.>>>> This appears to require complete abandonment of all previous works >> and "clean room" rewrites under the new terms.>> Even in this worse case scenario (which clearly won't be true in all > cases), I think that that is only true for documents that need to be > licensed outside of the IETF process.
Is there any wording in RFC 5378 which states that the additional burden imposed on RFC authors applies only to documents that are intended to be licensed outside of the IETF process?  I realize this may be the intent, but this is legal wording, where <ianal>the words are binding and not the intent</ianal>.