Re: IPR Questions Raised by Sam Hartman at the IETF 73 Plenary

tell you what - if by some very small chance (probably less than 1%) I'm still around 50 years from now and feel like revising RFC 793 at that time, I'll trust that you've already reconnected with Jon and gotten his permission :)

either that, or I'll already be dead, and I'll ask him myself.

seriously, my guess is that 50 years from now, either TCP will be irrelevant (if not the whole Internet) or RFC 5378 will have been fixed.  and those two are not independent.

Keith