Re: The internet architecture

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:29:51PM -0500,
 Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> It's a question of whether increasing reliance on DNS by trying to
> get apps and other things to use DNS names exclusively, makes those
> apps and other things less reliable.

For a good part, this is already done. You cannot use IP addresses for
many important applications (the Web because of virtual hosting and
email because most MTA setup prevent it).

And, as far as I know, nobody complained. The only person I know who
puts IP addresses on business cards is Louis
Pouzin <pouzin@[137.194.2.14]>