Re: [BEHAVE] Handwaving? [Re: where to have the NAT66 discussion (was Re: Please move this thread to BEHAVE mailing list ... )]

At 2:57 AM -0800 12/2/08, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>On 2 dec 2008, at 5:37, Keith Moore wrote:
>
>> I don't think it's just that the multi-prefix model is unfamiliar.
>> There's plenty of reason to believe that it won't work well. Static
>> address selection rules, no way for hosts to know which prefixes will
>> work better, inability of most existing transport protocols to fail
>> over
>> to alternate addresses.
>
>One way to fix that would be multipath transport protocols. Rather
>than try to guess what works best, just use all of them (or at least
>several) and get better performance without having to make difficult
>choices.

It's not clear to me from the above whether you mean something
like "use SCTP", something like "build ICE-like candidate selection
algorithms into the transport protocols, so that the best path gets
selected", or "run all available transports from all available flow
endpoints for as long as the flow lasts".

Care to clarify?

			Ted Hardie