Re: [tsv-dir] tsv-dir review of draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-06.txt

Hesham Soliman skrev:
> Thanks Colin,
>
> I agree with your rationale but I wonder if we need to support every broken
> device out there. In any case, if we have to, I prefer to require encryption
> than to add the XORED address option. I'd like to hear what people in MEXT
> think about this, comments from MEXT?

I don't think we should go to far to correct this bug in
implementations. My understanding is that this have been observed but is
not a common behavior as these generic ALGs do break things randomly and
horribly. I would only do something about if it has no minimal impact on
the specification and any deployed implementations. Otherwise the fix is
likely to cause more grief than the few devices that are broken.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair