Re: Advice on publishing open standards

> You would face two problems with the IETF.  One is that we
> rarely take on work for which we cannot add value and do
> effective reviews.  The other is that we generally don't do work
> that is not Internet-specific, and your audience would seem much
> broader that the Internet alone.   Terms like "rarely" and
> "generally" imply that you could perhaps convince people that
> this should be an exception, but I believe it would be an uphill
> battle.
>
>    john

I would like the coded character set to be an official character set of
the internet because I plan on writing an extension for Firefox and
Thunderbird, where charset="x-iswa-2008".

> ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2

I'll look again, but I was most impressed with the IETF.  Maybe I should
self publish as an open standard technical report.

Regards,
-Steve