RE: Punycode at ASCII for IDN & MDN via Y2K Project Management

>> ......ASCII domain names *are* in fact>> punycode domain names>> by definition. >> That's the problem and the reason for Punycode2 allowing ASCII > registrations to be Punycoded via Punicode2.
This is called *backward compatibility* and this is what permits punycode registrations to be implemented on the DNS infrastructure without messing up the registrations that have been there for decades.
> You got this wrong because when you Punycode via Punycode2 ASCII > registrations you will have ASCII letters however they will be in machine  > code, same as IDN thus equal virtue and for ASCII registrations to be > viewed they will be viewed similarly as IDN (Internationalized Domain > Names / Internationalised Domain Names) and here also equal virtue.
ASCII is also *machine code* for goodness sake! You just do not see it as machine code because virtually all software knows how to translate it to something you can read. Any information stored on computers and transmitted over digital networks is *machine code* - it is only a matter of whether your software can present this or that machine code in human-readable form or not.
>> .......But the bottom line is that there is no>> way to develop a>> "new punycode" encoding ASCII domain names with>> something else then ASCII>> and implement that on existing DNS infrastructure without>> completely breaking the Internet, period.  >> Again you are putting something which I have not said for Punycode2. > While you wait for learning curve developments, I suggest you use ASCII > based letters for Punycode 2 however you machine code the ASCII > registrations like you are doing with IDN.
Yes, this is exactly what your proposal *implies*, even though you don't realize it due to the lack of basic understanding of how computers and the Internet work. You simply don't realize that you can't just update existing registrations to new format instantly on millions of DNS servers all over the World operated by different organizations. If ICANN starts doing that, the whole domain-name-lookup infrastructure will submerge in complete chaos for months, which would render the Internet virtually unusable.
> I am not a technical expert,
This is exactly your problem - you are messing around with staff you don't have the slightest idea about. I really suggest you leave it to those who are *technical experts*. The *only* problem with IDNA right now is the scarcity of proper software implementations. There are no other problems, really.
Ruszlán