Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

John Levine wrote:

>> Unlike you, I don't see "overwhelming community consensus for
>> this mechanism".
>
> Aw, come on.  There's a billion and a half mailboxes using the
> Spamhaus DNSBLs, on systems ranging from giant ISPs down to hobbyist
> Linux boxes.

and there's a billion and a half users whose email is being degraded by
such mechanisms.

if you ask them whether they want to not receive spam, they'll say yes.
 if you ask them whether they want their incoming mail filtered on the
basis of unsubstantiated rumor and unreliable identifiers, they'll say no.