Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

DNSBLs work to degrade the interoperability of email, to make its
delivery less reliable and system less accountable for failures.  They
do NOT meet the "no known technical omissions" criterion required of
standards-track documents.

The fact that they are widely used is sad, not a justification for
standardization.