Re: Last Call: draft-hoffman-dac-vbr (Vouch By Reference) to Proposed Standard

At 10:35 PM -0800 11/6/08, SM wrote:
>The IANA Considerations section is missing.  I suggest registering the header as specified in RFC 3864.

We purposely did not make this extensible in this document. From talking to many of the companies that would be certifiers, there was no interest in making the list extensible. One option is to litter the IANA web site with yet another registry that lists the values from the RFC that created the registry and nothing else, as is all too common. Instead, we thought it was better to leave out the registry; if someone has a good reason for adding a new value, they can write an RFC for it and create the registry at that time.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium