RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-05

> >> -- Section 3.5, last paragraph:
> >>
> >> This paragraph seems to make a normative statement about
> >> implementations that _don't_ implement this extension. Is that the
> >> intent?
> >
> > Yes, it was intentional.
> >

> Let me push on that a minute--how can this draft make normative
> statements about implementations that don't support this
> draft? To put
> a sharper point on it, you can't assume that someone who is not
> implementing this draft will even read this draft.
>
> If you are in fact describing existing behavior rather than
> specifying
> a new normative requirement, then it would probably be better
> to avoid
> normative language, or state is in the form of "according to
> RFC XXXX,
> implementations MAY..."
>
> (On the other hand, since this is a MAY, it's probably less of an
> issue than if it were a stronger normative statement.)

Upon rereading this particular text I realize that its redundant and can
be safely pruned. This is because implementations that don't support
this draft are anyways going to accept the PDUs as per the standards. I
was only trying to restate the obvious.

Will remove this in the revised ID.

> >> -- Section 8
> >>
> >> The author list here does not match the first page. Should some of
> >> these move to a "Contributors" section?
> >
> > Will fix this.
> >

> See other emails on this one.

I will move all the authors in the list at the top of the document as
suggested by Chris in the revised ID.

Cheers,
Manav