Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

--On Tuesday, 05 August, 2008 13:38 +0200 Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> As it is fully IEEE standards compliant and some kind of
>> industry standard (whatever this means) many people expect to
>> be able to use it at an IETF standards meeting.
>
> What are the limitations of such a machine?
>
> A year ago I replaced a four-year-old laptop that came with
> 802.11g built in. I don't think it would be unreasonable to
> turn off 802.11b support by now and set the multicast speed to
> 6 Mbps or more in order to make the 2.4 GHz band more usable.

With the understanding that I don't expect IETF to support
either my 900 MHz RoamAbout hardware or the FHSS card I bought
some years ago specifically for IETF use, please note that the
comment above is yet another way to increase costs to
participants.

   john