Last Call: draft-reschke-webdav-search (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH) to Proposed Standard

Hi,

I am the technical lead of the data management software DataFinder at the German Aerospace Center, which is used to manage scientific data. The software is in productive use; it relies on the WebDAV protocol to store and organize meta information of the data managed. There, WebDAV DASL is used to search for relevant resources on the WebDAV server.On the server-side the DataFinder is currently using Tamino 4.4 and/or Catacomb.

The client-side library is implemented in Python and separately published on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonwebdavlib) under Apache Licence Version 2. Currently the library implements major parts of the DASL draft. In particular, the proposed DAV:basicsearch grammar is supported except DAV:limit, DAV:orderby and queries of the schema of DAV:basicsearch.

We recommend the advancement of the DASL draft as the searching feature based on WebDAV DASL is an import part of our software.

Best regards,

Tobias Schlauch