Re: Draft Trust Policy re: Rights in IETF Documents

Ray Pelletier wrote:

Until "7f" that all sounds good, but I'm not sure about "7f":

> ADD - For the avoidance of doubt, each Contributor to the
> IETF Standards Process licenses each Contribution that he
> or she makes as part of the IETF Standards Process to the
> IETF Trust pursuant to the provisions of [-Inbound].  No
> language to the contrary, or terms, conditions or rights
> that differ from or are inconsistent with the rights and
> licenses granted under BCP 78, shall have any effect and
> shall be null and void, whether published or posted by such
> Contributor, or included with or in such Contribution.

That also sounds right for published RFCs.  But apparently
it's not limited to RFCs and affects *all* Contributions.

At the moment folks can and (rarely) do post drafts with a
"no derivative works" boilerplate.  That's permitted in
I-D.ietf-ipr-3978-incoming, you have that as [-inbound]:

| In these cases the Contributor may include a limitation
| on the right to make derivative works in the form specified
| in the Legend Instructions.

Apparently there is an exception.  Maybe that's perfectly
clear in your text, and I just don't see it (IANAL).

 Frank