Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on the recent ICANN changes ?

On Jun 27, 2008, at 3:21 PM, SM wrote:

Hi David,
At 11:51 27-06-2008, David Conrad wrote:
I believe an RFC that provides an IETF-defined list of names (beyond
the 4 in 2606) and/or rules defining names the "Internet technical
community" feels would be inappropriate as top-level domains would be
quite helpful.

Do you mean as in RFC 3675?

Well, I can't speak for David, but that was not really what I was thinking of, or what I think the people I was discussing
this were thinking.

I was thinking of things like .local, which could cause problems if they were
given out.

Regards
Marshall

Regards,