Re: Qualitative Analysis of IETF and IESG trends (Re: Measuring IETF and IESG trends)

On 6/25/08 11:44 AM, "Lakshminath Dondeti" <ldondeti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to hear others' opinions (I was going to put together a
> draft with some ideas on how we might define these roles, but I want to
> hear others' thoughts before I do that) on this topic.

I think your points are valid, but I'm not sure what the
effect would be if you controlled for quality coming out
of the working groups.  That is to say, I think that
occasionally working groups are coming to consensus on
bad documents or bad ideas, and that the incidence of that
is increasing.  If that's true it once again raises the
very familiar question of picking up quality problems
earlier in the process.  Actually, that latter question
applies regardless.

Melinda