Re: IESG rejecting purple documents on Wednesdays

> You may think I'm making light of this - and I am, because I
> think it's a remarkably silly stance from the IESG - but if
> you can explain the difference between rejecting all purple
> documents on Wednesdays and rejecting documents that do not
> use RFC 2606, I'll be most grateful.

The difference is important.  Rejecting all purple documents on Wednesday
is a well defined (albeit silly) policy.  Since such a policy can be articulated,
it can be discussed and rejected by the IETF community.

Rejecting *some* documents that do not use RFC 2606 while approving others
is more dangerous, since it is not a policy at all, but rather, a whim that
"seemed like the right thing to do at the moment".