Re: RFC 3484 Section 6 Rule 9

Longest match in 3484 is a hack, ant it only works some of the
time. The WG most certinaly knew this when we approved the
document. But it was felt that longest-match was better than no rule
at all, as it helped on some situations.

The real discussion that should be held is what could we replace it
with if we pulled out the rule entirely?

We do need something better. What would that be?

Thomas