Re: ISSN for RFC Series under Consideration

> Two additional observations:
>
> (1) While we think of RFCs as online documents, their
> antecedents, and all of the early ones, were paper publications.
[elided]
> I suggest that the community would be better served, and the ISSN
> made more useful, if we treated RFCs as "authoritative paper,
> copies available online" rather than "online documents".   If
> that requires the RFC Editor or IASA to print out all of the
> RFCs published in a given month, throw them into an envelope,
> and put the envelope into the smail, I imagine we can afford
> that.

	there is historical precident for this.
	my question earlier, regarding the whole series,
	includes early, paper-only RFC's, historic, etc.
	so the folks thinking that a simple change in the
	current tools set will make it all good might have
	overlooked dealing w/ legacy documents.

	there are also books already published that are RFC
	compilations.  they already have ISSN numbers.

--
--bill