Re: IETF Website Redesign Effort

On 2008-05-08 08:11, Russ Housley wrote:
> Stephane:
>
>>> We are inviting the first ten (10) interested members of the IETF
>>> community who respond to this email to become a part of the website
>>> redesign team. If you are interested in assisting with this effort,
>>> please respond to this email as soon as possible.
>> It is no longer "rough consensus and running code", it is now "quick
>> click and no SMTP latency".
>
> This approach was taken at my suggestion.
>
> These early reviewers are so that the Secretariat can get some
> feedback about the new design without have a large number of people
> pile on.  Think of it as a product test group.  Once these folks are
> comfortable that the new design is an improvement, there will be an
> opportunity for broader comment.

I have to say, though, that it was discriminatory against people
living in certain time zones, unless they happened to be on line
at 2:23 a.m....

I would suggest that a few principles of the redesign should be
written down and sent out for comment first. From some previous
email with Alexa, I believe the principles she has in mind are
good ones, but it would be nice to have consensus.

Lest any of that sounds like a complaint, I'm delighted to
see this effort starting.

    Brian