Re: Proposed Revisions to IETF Trust Administrative Procedures

On Apr 3, 2008, at 1:54 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> Probably the Trust and/or IAOC procedures or charter should be
> modified so that, in the event of the demise of the IAOC, the Trust
> falls firmly under direct IETF control (unless the IETF itself
> ceases to exist).

The concept makes sense to me, but I'd be interested to understand
how that would be implemented. All decisions of the trust happen in
discussions on the IETF mailing list, and the consensus of the
community as determined by J i m F l e m i n g rules?