Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

While reviewing the documents I tried to determine how the 4 streams currently defined in RFC4844 fit into the framework.

Although the stream is not specifically mentioned it is clear that the incoming rights document applies to the IETF Stream.

To me it is clear that a contribution to the IAB is explicitly bound by the rules (including the No Duty to Publish rule, that allows for confidential information to be supplied to the IAB), so are contributions from the IAB, i.e. IAB stream document. I conclude this from the fact that "IAB" is part of the IETF under the definition in 1.e. However, I may be over-interpreting, and the status of the incoming rights for the IAB stream is also not captured.

The independent stream document are clearly excluded by section 4 of the document.

It is not quite clear where the IRTF stream document live. This could be fixed in a document which defines the IRTF stream.

I would think that the document would gain in clarity if it explicitly ties the incoming rights to the streams as defined in RFC4844 and also explicitly calls out that if new streams would be defined those should specifically define if and how rights are transfered to the IETF Trust.

--Olaf (no hats)