RE: IETF Last Call on Walled Garden Standard for the Internet

Hi Pasi,

I don't disagree.

We need to make recommendations along your thoughts and let SDOs and operators decide how to implement their networks.

By the way, a single-sign-on network is also a walled garden right? The walled garden is between the parties that aggregate around the identity service provider.  I am thinking Passport (especially), I am thinking Liberity Alliance,  I am thinking Open-ID.

In that vain it is also worthwhile to note that an operator may choose to bootstrap secruity associations from EMSK between a MN accessing its network and third pary Application Service Providers who have a relationship with the Operator.  In such a relationship the MN does not have to reauthenticate with the Application Service Providers.  This is an example of a single sign on.

The only way to elliminate any walled gardens is to have the mobile have its own relationship with each application provider.  This has advanatages and also disadvantages.