Re: Write an RFC Was: experiments in the ietf week

Phillip,

> write an Internet Draft prior to the experiment,

+1

> *IPv6 Next Steps*
>
> The Philadelphia IPv6 outage tested one specific aspect of the
> transition - is there an IPv6 network on the other side to connect to
> in due course, is it possible to run a pure IPv6 network?
>
> I think that that is one useful data point to test but not the only
> significant data point. In particular the biggest problem we have is
> the exhaustion of IPv4 space. The most important network test to make
> in my view is whether current generation machines work acceptably on
> an IPv6+NATv4Share connection for typical end user tasks.

I agree, and I think that's been the focus of many folks working in this
space. Lets see what we can come up with for Dublin.

> By 'acceptably' I mean ZERO-click administration. No configuration
> tweaks whatsoever. If a product does not run out of the box it has failed.
>
> *Secure WiFi Connection*
>
> I would like to see some demonstration of the fact that the default
> WiFi configuration on all existing platforms provides zero protection
> against an 'evil twin' WiFi attack. Using WPA protection has little
> value unless you have mutual authentication. The current specs don't
> allow for that.

Is there something missing from ietf.1x ssid support that we've had for
years? It uses IETF standards, too...

Jari