EMSK key hierarchy and the DSRK

  Hello,

  My apologies for being obtuse. This Mother of All Root Keys I've been
describing is what the EMSK Key Hierarchy calls the DSRK.

  The "HOKEY key" that the ERP/ERX draft uses can be derived in one of
two ways:

    EMSK

    USRK    <-- the "HOKEY key", aka rRK

or like this:

    EMSK

    DSRK    <--- the MOARK

   DSUSRK   <-- the "HOKEY key", aka rRK

This latter derivation is the one that will be used in practice, I believe.

  This DSRK is not properly defined and cannot be properly scoped. It
really has nothing to do with "Handover Keying" which is what HOKEY is
supposed to be working on. I believe the DSRK is problematic and the
ability to derive a DSRK should be removed from the ESMK key hierarchy
draft and the corresponding change be made to the ERP/ERX draft to remove
reference to using a DSRK to derive HOKEY keys.

  This change would also simplify the key hierarchy and remove a
"you can do it this way, or you can do it that way" option which
experience has shown is a really bad idea.

  regards,

  Dan.