Re: On the confidentiality of the information and communication within the nomcom context

On 3/16/08 3:56 PM, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I recall, this was discussed extensively before 3777 (and before
> 2727) and opinions were so evenly split that the only possible
> conclusion was "no consensus for change". So we'll need to see if
> opinions have changed...

Right.  I am a lot more ambivalent about it now than I was then.
I do think that it's not possible to be more transparent in the
vetting process without it effectively becoming more election-
like.  I'm softening on that (elections) although I'm still more
against them than for them.

Melinda