Re: IONs & discuss criteria

Brian,

A small clarification below on the reference to the interpretation
problems related to 3777:

> Dave,
>
> On 2008-03-07 12:34, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> Sam Hartman wrote:
>>> Making it a BCP will make the interpretation problem worse not better.
>>
>> How?
>
> To some extent that depends on how carefully the putative BCP
> is crafted, with "should" and when to disregard "should" being
> very precise. What I think we've seen, with 2026 over the years,
> and apparently this year with 3777, is that it's virtually

I am not sure whether you have made it to the appendix in my report, but
the disagreements in interpretation of 3777 have a history (see Page
37).  The only thing special about the current nomcom is that we chose
to bring it to the community's attention.  In Ralph's case, he brought
it to the IESG and IAB's attention in March 2006.

thanks,
Lakshminath
Nomcom 2007-8 Chair