Re: IONs & discuss criteria

Ted, Lakshminath, and the Rest of the IETF Community:

>I fail to understand why this has to be a guessing game.

The handling of reviews by non-IESG members seems to be an important
part of this discussion.  So, I'll tell everyone how I deal with
Gen-ART Reviews.  Other General ADs may have done things slightly different.

When I use a Gen-ART Review as the basis of a DISCUSS, I put it in
one of two categories.

(1)  The Gen-ART Review was ignored.  Like any other Last Call
comment, it deserves an answer.  So, this is a procedural
objection.  In this situation, I've been careful to say that the
authors do not need to accept all of the comments, but then need to
answer them.

(2)  I agree with one or more concerns raised in the Gen-ART Review
that has not been resolved.  I often break the unresolved review
comments into DISCUSS and COMMENT.  AD judgement is needed, and I
consider the DISCUSS Criteria in making that judgement.

Russ