Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> I sometimes wonder how cheap and convenient IETF meetings would be if
> the fee reflected just the meeting costs, the hotel room fees wouldn't
> be used to subsidize the venue price and venue selection only
> considered price and convenience for the IETF goers and not a host.

Those aren't the only criteria.  Try finding a place in Europe that can
fit our plenary and ALSO house the number of WG meetings we have.  That
ain't easy.

I've said this privately and I guess I'll say it publicly.  I'm no fan
of CityWest.  But...

It's Ray's job to make the call.  It's the IAOC's job to see that he
does his job well.  I think Ray has at least earned the benefit of the
doubt.  Perhaps this is best viewed retrospectively since contracts are
signed?

Eliot