Re: FYI - ZDNet and the "Birth of IPv6" referring to the BBC article

2008/2/4 Dan York <dyork@xxxxxxxxx>:
>  FYI, Richard Stiennon at ZDNet noticed that the root servers will be
> IPv6-accessible and refers to it as the "Birth of IPv6":
>
>   http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=527
>
> He was pointing over to the BBC article about this:
>
>   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7221758.stm
>
> (I thought the AAAA records had gone up into the root servers a few weeks
> ago so I was surprised to read that it was only today (assuming the articles
> are accurate, of course).)
>
> Dan

    Coincidentally, there was another ZDNet article I had read earlier
today entitled "ICANN turns on next-gen IP addresses".

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6229218.html

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>