Re: Last Call: draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes (Changes to the ..

On 2008-01-22 11:24, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> As a procedural matter, I agree with Scott and John. This
> document should not be considered for advancement at this
> time nor until such time as there is real evidence of
> widespread consensus.

Actually, I agree too, but I also agree with Russ that the
discussion needed something noticeable to trigger it.

> As a substantive issue, renaming PS and DS to Preliminary
> and Deplyable strikes me as a terrible idea. Whatever the
> merits of the current names, they are the ones we have and
> changing them now will only create confusion. Deployable
> is a particularly bad choice since PSs are regularly
> deployed.

I will listen to the consensus view on this, of course.
I think we have to recognize that the original roles
intended for PS and DS have been changed in practice,
and that may be hard for newcomers to appreciate.

    Brian