Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

Dave Crocker wrote:
> pps. As an exercise, this could be interesting, for recruiting IETF
> community participation. A multi-organization, cross-net effort to make
> IPv6 useful will permit cataloguing what works, what doesn't, and what
> is entirely missing. The problems with the current plan are a) choice of
> venue, and b) lack of clear goals and planning.  Something to consider
> might be an effort to have a productive social gathering.  In other
> words, make the Tuesday night slot be for conducting this exercise.  It
> would not take much to set a relatively festive tone, while still
> pursuing serious interoperability testing.

While I think the original idea of doing this during a plenary
is fine, doing it in the meeting areas on Tuesday evening does
sound like a better option. Awarding success with real beer at
the social iff you can print the coupon would motivate me at
least:-)

S.