Re: FW: I-D Action:draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt

    From: Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx>

    > Especially since there are still some going around saying "IPv6 is not
    > needed." "IPv6 is still not done, so don't deploy yet", etc.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but for my part I'm not saying "IPv4
is fine", nor am I saying the example statements you give above; rather, I'm
saying "there is a problem, but IPv6 isn't the solution".

    > Does the IETF think that deploying IPv6 is necessary and in the best
    > interest of the Internet?

But that's been the subject of more wasted electrons here than I care to
think about, and the answer is there are a *lot* of poeple who who don't
think that "IPv6 is necessary".

	Noel