RE: Putting requirements on volunteer tool developers (Was: Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched)

I think we need to be a little careful. Code is Law.

In particular control of the conformance suite for a specification provides much greater power to influence the marketplace than mere control of the specification document.

The reason much of the IETF process is the way it is today is that process was reified as tools.

It needs to be clear where change control lies.